How to Roll Clothes and Other Packing Tips
When it comes to your move, packing can be one of the most time consuming and stressful aspects, especially when it comes to clothes. So how do you effectively pack up your wardrobe without having to sacrifice your favorite clothing pieces.
This packing tip is extremely useful and allows you to pack clothes compactly whilst preventing wrinkles. This is very useful when unpacking on the other side as clothes will not have to be ironed again.
Here are step by step packing tips on how to roll different types of clothing:
Local movers Greenville, Busy Beez movers has an interesting suggestion for packing clothing. It is a good idea to store your clothing in plastic or vacuum bags, packed tightly, to prevent the clothing from unrolling during transit.
T-shirts and tops
- Lay the top down on a flat surface and smooth out any wrinkles in the clothing. It is essential that your remove the wrinkles as rolling without doing so will cause long-lasting creases. It is not recommended that delicate clothes be rolled as this can result in wrinkles.
- Fold in the sleeves to the center of the shirt. Again, smooth out any wrinkles with your hands. To roll a long sleeve shirt, you need to fold the sleeves down diagonally to form an X shape. When folding a shirt with a collar, you need to unfold the collar first to prevent any wrinkles.
- Roll the shirt. Take the bottom of the shirt and fold it up to about one inch. Roll the shirt up towards to collar, being sure to smooth out any wrinkles as you go along.
Jeans and Pants
- Lay down the trousers on a flat surface and smooth out any wrinkles. Lay out the trousers so the waist is next to you.
- Fold the trousers in half down the middle and smooth out the wrinkles again. It is not recommended that certain materials, such as linen, be rolled as they are prone to wrinkling.
- Roll the pants by starting with the waist down to the bottom. Roll as tightly as you desire, being sure to smooth out any wrinkles along the way. It is best to roll trousers with two hands to keep a straight and even roll suggests residential movers Greenville, Busy Beez Movers.
- Lay the skirt down on a flat surface. Position it so that the waist is facing closest to you. Again, it is a good idea to smooth out any wrinkles by pushing them towards the hem of the skirt.
- Fold the skirt into thirds. Start by folding the left side of the skirt to the centre and then overlap the right side onto the top. Smooth out the material between folds.
- Roll the skirt from the waist to the hem, being sure to smooth out any wrinkles. Roll the skirt away from your body to ensure you get the best roll.
Packing up clothing that is prone to wrinkling
Apartment movers Greenville, Busy Beez Movers advises something in addition to all we’ve learned so far. They say that the above methods might not work so well for delicate pieces of clothing so we will have to adopt a slightly different strategy.
- You can place your item in a garment bag with the clothing still on the hanger. This ensure that the shape of the clothing is held together well and the garment bag prevents the item from wrinkling.
- After you have done this, you can lay out the garment bag on a flat surface and smooth out any wrinkles that have appeared.
- Fold the garment bag and roll
Once you have folded all your clothing in this way, you can pack them tightly together in a box or suitcase. If you choose to use a vacuum pack, then you can use a vacuum to suck out the air and create an even tighter seal.
With these useful tips, you will be a packing pro in no time! Packing your clothing for a move need not be a stressful task. With these tips you will be able to take all your clothes along with you and prevent extra work on the other side.
Clothing rolled in this way will not need to be ironed again once you unpack. Additionally, clothing that is rolled does not need to be unrolled once you reach your destination, simply store your clothing in a draw whilst rolled. This is helpful as storing your clothing vertically gives you a much better view of what you have than traditionally horizontal folding.
Good luck and happy moving from your friends at Busy Beez Movers! We hope you’ve learned how to roll clothes the right way and wish you all the best!
Do You Want to Pack Clothes & Other Possessions Like a Pro?
Are you ready to pack like a professional? If so, you’ve come to the right spot. In fact, Busy Beez Movers is a team made up of professionals with many years of packing experience. That’s why you can count on us to help you with your packing needs.
Do you need more tips about rolling clothes? How about other smart packing tips? If so, please contact us by phone or email today. Our friendly team of moving experts will help you get to the bottom of any type of packing problem. If you know how to roll clothes, you’re already well on your way to becoming a savvy mover. But keep in mind that we provide many more packing tips and tricks. Our expert packers know how to reduce wrinkles and increase space. We can help you make anything fit better into your boxes and suitcases. Plus, we pack every moving truck using advanced techniques.
The Busy Beez team has a reputation for helping our clients make the most of their packing spaces. Our moving professionals will help you take advantage of every nook and cranny. This will save you more than your time. It will also save you energy and a great deal of space. No matter what packing technique you want to learn, we’re here to help.
Once you learn how to pack like the pros, you’ll never go back. Instead, you’ll move forward to your new home with confidence and reduced stress. We look forward to providing you with more space-saving tips in the future.